Is this your first time at GayDayS® Orlando? If it is, you're in for a fabulous journey, but you're going to need a road map to navigate your way through this wonderland of gay vacation delights. The Beginner's Guide includes information for both men and women coming to GayDayS®. It is also a great resource even if you are a regular attendee since GayDayS® grows each year.
GayDayS® is an all-over town, something-for-everyone vacation extravaganza! Our team at GayDayS.com is proud to be an important part of making this the best vacation you'll ever have.
Some people come to Orlando during GayDayS® just to enjoy the company of the 180,000+ gays and lesbians, but most are looking to fill their itineraries with exciting pool parties, special events, theme parks, attractions, and more!
It definitely takes a little planning and information to be sure you get everywhere you want to be. Therefore, make sure and check our complete official scheduled Calendar of events, since only the highlights are represented here.
This guide describes the major categories of events, tells you how to get tickets, and gives you some ideas about transportation. Events tend to fall into three major categories:
THEME PARK VISITS "#RedShirtDays"
The GayDayS® celebration began in 1991 with a theme park visit, to this very day theme park visits remain one of the most popular GayDayS® activities. Always on Saturday of the week of Gay Days, GayDayS® at Disney's Magic Kingdom (at Walt Disney World) is still a popular event during the week. An estimated 50,000 red-shirted GayDayS® attendees packed Walt Disney World's original park on that Saturday in June 1991. The 3 o'clock parade down Main Street always draws an unforgettable "sea of red" that can be seen from one end of the park to the other.
Many GayDayS® vacationers also like to plan some time to visit other parks around Orlando. Since the early days vacationers have began to spread out all over Orlando visiting the other area theme park and attractions: Universal Studios Orlando & Island of Adventures, SeaWorld Orlando, Discovery Cove, Legoland Florida, iDrive 360, and others.
- Theme park tickets will be available on this site.
- Multi-day tickets are often a great idea if you plan on visiting more than one park, or visiting all the Disney parks during your stay.
- None of the "GayDayS®" are official park events and no special tickets are required.
- For theme park transportation, GayDayS.com is again offering a Host Hotel (an all-gay resort experience!) at the GayDayS® Host Hotel with free transportation to Disney and other attractions.
- If you are staying in another area of town, check with your hotel about scheduled transportation to theme parks.
- Catch a cab during GayDayS® or utilizing Uber/Lyft are plentiful and there are plenty of people to share with if you stay at one of the host or co-host hotels.
- Downtown Orlando and area night clubs are located about 10 miles from the tourist area. Shuttle or taxi transportation can be arranged from any attraction-area hotel. Check with the guest services desk.
BIG, BIG EVENTS!!
Although it all began with a daytime trip to Walt Disney World, GayDayS® has inspired and nurtured some of the largest and most incredible events & parties in the world. With some of the most imaginative and innovative venues found anywhere, GayDayS® Orlando has an unbeatable combination of attractions, events, and parties to help create a magical dream of a vacation week. From the tropical wonderland of the GayDayS® Host Hotel , to the thrill rides of the Universal Studios Orlando, you're sure to find an event that will amaze and delight you.
Check Out The Official GayDayS® Calendar
- Tickets to attractions, plays, pool parties, and dance parties are available in advance online from GayDayS.com Ticket Booth. Many of these are available exclusively at GayDayS.com and sales are already brisk.
- During the event, GayDayS.com operates a Ticket and Merchandise Center at the GayDayS® Host Hotel. Be forewarned however, events may sell out in advance!
- Cash & Credit Cards are accepted at the GayDayS® Ticket and Merchandise Center during the week at the Official GayDayS® Host Hotel.
- Designated days at attractions held at WDW venues: Disney's parks are easily accessed by cab/Uber/Lyft or hotel shuttle. Be sure to check shuttle times as the park hours might be outside regular shuttle hours.
- Also consider renting a car, but be sure to have a designated driver if you plan on drinking. We want everyone to have a safe GayDayS®.
The GayDayS® Expo, growing since it was first held in 1999, will be bigger and better again this year at the GayDayS® Host Hotel . This event is free and open to the public with a wide variety of vendors, food, fun, and the GayDays®Ticket and Merchandise Center.
Details are available at GayDaySExpo.com, the presenter of the event. Open Expo is open Thursday through Sunday.
HOST HOTEL EVENTS
Pool Parties - Orlando is the perfect place to spend your days soaking up the hot sun and hot scenery around a sparkling hotel swimming pool. This low-stress treat gets even better when you're surrounded by hundreds of guys and gals in speedos and bikinis, sipping umbrella drinks and grooving to the sounds of some of the world's best known DJs! Pool parties will be held Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at the GayDayS® Host Hotel.
Tickets are required for these pool events, if you aren't registered through GayDayS.com as a hotel guest.
Well, that's the bird's-eye view. Now all you've got to do is mark out your personal fun map and get packing! Your magical GayDayS® journey is waiting for you!
FOR MORE INFORMATION: